- Stichting Terre Des Hommes
- Den Haag
- Online via Jobs in Finance t/m
- Functie type
- Business Controller, Controller
- Zuid-Holland, Randstad, Den Haag
- Controlling, Financiele Administratie
- Financiele dienstverlening
- € 3.000 - € 5.000
- Onbepaalde tijd, Bepaalde tijd
- WO, HBO+
- 3-5 jaar, 5-10 jaar
- Fulltime, In overleg
Terre des Hommes Netherlands (based in The Hague) aims to prevent child exploitation, to remove children from exploitative situations and to ensure that these children can continue their development in a safe environment. Terre des Hommes Netherlands focuses on the Sexual Exploitation of Children, the Worst Forms of Child Labour, Child Trafficking and Migration, Child Abuse, and on Child Protection in Humanitarian Crises. For each of these forms of child exploitation, Terre des Hommes Netherlands is developing and implementing projects and programmes, mainly through local partners, in Asia and Africa and increasingly also in Europe.
What will you be doing
The Business Controller is responsible for controlling the financial performance of the organisation and projects (Global). The reporting control part of the position is concerned with the planning and control cycle within the organisation, which consists of monthly management and project performance analysis, cost allocations, analytical reports, annual and multi-year planning. Another important task is to support in budgeting and monitor grant expenditure and the creation of reports for (back)donors like governments and foundations. You should act as an active sparring partner, with a proactive, solution driven and positive mindset towards management. This is a full-time job position for 36 hours per week and you will report directly to the Operations Director. Your work location can be in any of the countries where we operate as hybrid working is part of our terms of employment.
is a full-time job position for 36 hours per week and you will report directly to the Operations Director. Your work location can be in any of the countries where we operate as hybrid working is part of our terms of employment.
Your key responsibilities
- In the position of Business Controller you will be responsible for supporting management in directing the organisation and its project execution. The following activities belong to your role:
- Perform financial analysis, monitor current (project) performance and provide explanations on performance development versus budget and previous year based on business and functional developments;
- Preparation of (project)budgets and forecasts;
- Working with different levels of management to create insight and understanding on fundraising, grant management cycle and project expenditure;
- Review of organisational transformation programs;
- Support management on strategic planning including creating multi-year (project) forecasts.
- Creating and reporting key performance indicator reports for different functional fields;
- Making financial, project and KPI reports available for different management; levels via Google Analytics and/ or our project management system PRIMAS;
- Create reports on grant expenditure for donors like governments and foundations;
- Set guidelines, processes and select tools for project cost control by project and finance officers in our project countries in Africa, Asia and Europe;
- Consider how the economic implications of factors such as natural disasters, weather, wars, etc. might affect the performance of partners, NGO’s and TdH’s project investments;
What do you bring?
- At least a bachelor-degree in Business Administration, Business Economics or similar. A master-degree is preferred;
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar position;
- Good communication and counselling skills at different levels as well as a good fluency of the English language;
- Experience with working in a multinational project oriented organisation active in Africa and Asia, preferably with a NGO organisation;
- Experience with financial management of grants of governments, institutions and private foundations;.
- Knowledge of and experience with Excel/ Google Sheets and ERP/ Accounting/ CRM systems (like Exact Online, Salesforce etc);
- Competences: strong analytical skills, helicopter view, hands-on and result oriented, strong in planning and organising, accurate driven, proactive, ability to handle reporting under tight deadlines;
- Willingness to travel
What do we offer you
Because Terre des Hommes carries out programs and projects itself, the difference is that the organisation, and therefore also your contribution, is visible and tangible every day. We offer:
- A job where you can really make a difference for children;
- A high performing and engaged international working environment;
- A one-year contract, with the intention to extend into an indefinite period after one year;
- The salary scale depends on your experience and skills; around E4500,- gross a month.
- Our benefits fit within the charity sector, including a pension plan, travel allowance and 25 vacation days.
Would you like to be a part of our team and contribute to TdH´ mission? Please upload your application and CV. Start date as soon as possible.
For questions you can contact Brechje Bos at firstname.lastname@example.org, 06-51518345 (Operations Director).
Terre des Hommes aims to attract great talent that fits the job and our high standard of values and principles to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct.
Terre des Hommes in particular is committed to keeping children and vulnerable individuals safe and does not accept any form of (child) abuse. Every Terre des Hommes employee is bound by the Child Safeguarding Policy and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Policy, part of our Code of Conduct. Child safeguarding measures are part of our selection and recruitment process.
Note: We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. All offers of employment will therefore be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which include criminal records, Certificate of Conduct (Verklaring omtrent Gedrag) and/or terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment. By submitting your application you accept that Terre des Hommes will conduct such pre-employment screening for successful candidates. Terre des Hommes participates in the Inter- Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
Vergelijkbare zoekopdrachten: Onbepaalde tijd, WO, Fulltime, Bepaalde tijd, HBO+, 3-5 jaar, In overleg, € 3.000 - € 5.000, 5-10 jaar, Controlling, Financiele dienstverlening, Business Controller, Financiele Administratie, Zuid-Holland, Randstad, Controller, Den Haag