Indirect TAX Specialist
- Eastman Chemical
- Capelle aan den Ijssel
- Indirect TAX Specialist
- Online via JIF t/m
- Functie type
- Audit, Compliance
- Onbepaalde tijd
- 1-3 jaar
Within the Financial Shared Service Center in Capelle aan den IJssel
Indirect TAX Specialist
Fulltime | Capelle aan den Ijssel
Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2017 revenues of approximately $9.5 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,500 people around the world. For more information, visit www.eastman.com
Within the FSSC in Capelle aan den IJssel, the regional VAT Team provides VAT advice and compliance services to all Eastman entities in the EMEA in a total of 18 different jurisdictions. The Indirect Tax Team’s activities cover both internal advice, audit defense and VAT Compliance.
We look for an enthusiastic colleague willing to work in a challenging and dynamic environment, and offer an opportunity for personal development. The Indirect Tax Specialist acts as a trusted business advisor for internal stakeholder and recognizes and communicates issues to manage risk. The VAT Specialist advises the Indirect Tax Analysts on Compliance-related matters.
The ideal candidate has strong analytical skills, writes high quality and professional documents requiring minimal input from the Manager and provides ad-hoc VAT technical advice to internal stake-holders. The candidate will be reporting to the Manager Global Indirect Tax and be part of a team with 4 Indirect Tax Analysts and another Indirect Tax Specialist.
Due to the number of jurisdictions, the ideal candidate needs to have a very international focus and experience with an interest in the VAT legislation in different countries, within and outside the European Union.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Proactively work with the businesses and corporate functions to identify VAT risks and opportunities
- Providing internal advice to other functions and support Indirect Tax Analyst.
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes in different jurisdictions, with a main focus on EU.
- Prepare and submit VAT returns, Intrastat reports, EC Sales List (35% of the time)
- Contribute to VAT related cross-functional projects.
- Participate in tax audits and audit defense
- Execute internal controls (SOX).
- Document VAT related processes & controls.
Qualifications & Required Skill Set:
- Master Degree in Fiscal Economy, Fiscal law or similar (finance or tax)
- 3+ years’ experience in a multinational business environment
- Proved knowledge of VAT regulations in the EU and willing to learn about Indirect tax regimes worldwide
- Analytical thinker with excellent communication skills at all levels in the organization.
- Accurate, independent and highly organized with a focus to detail without losing overview.
- Proactive and driven for excellence.
- Leadership skills
- Practical and proactive, self-starter. Hands-on and results orientated, willing to offer prominent level of commitment and work to tight deadlines
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills is a must. Other European languages are an advantage.
- Excellent Team player
- Advanced Excel and good computer skills. SAP R/3 knowledge is a plus but not required.
For further information about this position please contact Natalie Backx via +31 (0) 6 54 25 45 56 or send your application via the apply button.
Acquisition related to this vacancy will not be appreciated.
Keywords: Tax, Accounting, ERP, Law, Outside Sales, Finance, Technology, Legal, Sales, Indirect Tax Specialist