- Online via Jobs in Finance t/m
- Functie type
- Financial Controller, Financieel Manager
- Compliance, Controlling
- Agrarische bedrijven, Groothandel/Detailhandel
- Onbepaalde tijd
- WO, HBO+
- 5-10 jaar
bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat or as a unique gift. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver them to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform. We launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. In 2021 we joined forces with Bloom & Wild, the UK's fastest growing ecommerce company (according to the Financial Times). Driven by our vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, we're now part of Europe's leading online flower company.
The group is backed by top tier investors including General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), who led our £75 million Series D funding round in January 2021, alongside Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, boomon and Bergamotte. Together, we are active in 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
Finance at Bloom & Wild group
Finance at Bloom & Wild group is organised around three main teams which are led by our VP of Finance, though we collaborate closely as one function and work with other teams across the business too.
Financial Control & Reporting - this team runs all things financial control and reporting, including; compilation of month end reporting, payroll, accounts payable and receivable.
Financial Planning & Analysis - this team manages our budgeting and forecasting process for the company, together with regular analysis of financial performance. They are also responsible for building financial models for a variety of uses across the company and working closely with other teams to do so.
Financial Change & Compliance - This team performs the majority of group functions across our 3 locations including but not limited to; PSP and treasury management, controls and compliance and all things tax. They are also responsible for spearheading any process improvements or transformational projects.
The role and ways of working:
We’re looking for a self-motivated Financial Controller to join our Finance team in the Netherlands. The role will support our Head of Financial Control & Reporting with the coordination and compilation of management accounts and statutory accounts for the bloomon entities and the group (consolidation).
This role is a great opportunity to build on your financial skills and experience within an exciting and growing international finance team!
What will you do?
- Lead on the compilation of management accounts for the bloomon entities and support on group consolidation procedures
- Ownership of reporting on the bloomon balance sheet and cash flow
- Ownership of all NL supply chain processes from a Financial point of view including flowers, logistics and stock.
- Implementation of new procedures and controls to enable reporting to be as accurate and insightful for our Operation teams
- Work on reporting process improvements to increase efficiency within the team and enable quicker reporting
- Approval and review of the weekly payment run for the bloomon entities
- Manage a Junior Management Accountant, providing support for their progression and development
- A Masters degree in Controlling or Accounting
- 5+ years experience, preferably gained within a mix of Audit and Industry roles
- Strong financial modelling and excel skills with a high attention to detail, together with an ability to interpret and communicate conclusions
- Ability to demonstrate ownership of significant areas of work and keep to tight deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to spot problems, identify potential efficiencies, and suggest improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Dutch and English)
- You're enthusiastic, self motivated, adaptable and innovative, with a willingness to get stuck in and get your hands dirty!
- You're a great player who develops and maintains good working relationships with colleagues
- Experience using NetSuite would be an advantage
We are a distributed team with two office locations in Amsterdam and London, and multiple warehouse locations. Our team can choose to work from our offices as much or as little as they’d like. We don’t expect people to come in as a norm but if it makes sense to do so (team onsites, monthly meetings etc), then we’d encourage it.
We work hard to create a working culture of inclusion for our team working from office and home locations so whether you need to be at home for school pickups or want to spend time together with your co-workers we’ll do our best to make your experience a good one!
Additional bloomon benefits:
- Daily fresh and healthy lunch prepared by our lovely lunch chefs
- A BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace (Amsterdam HQ)
- A flexible and entrepreneurial environment
- Friday drinks and social events
- Happiness days - 4 extra days off per year for your personal “me-time”
- Living in the Amsterdam area? You have a possibility to lease a VanMoof
- Access to our Goodhabitz learning platform
- Access to online therapy via Spill
- Of course, lots of beautiful fresh flowers!
We all love what we do – so if you like challenges, developing new skills, growing creatively and taking initiative, you’ll feel right at home as part of the bloomon family.
Vergelijkbare zoekopdrachten: Onbepaalde tijd, WO, Fulltime, Amsterdam, HBO+, Agrarische bedrijven, 5-10 jaar, Compliance, Controlling, Groothandel/Detailhandel, Financial Controller, Financieel Manager