Business Controller IT Projects
- Topcon Europe Medical B.V.
- Capelle aan den IJssel
- Online via Jobs in Finance t/m
- Functie type
- Controller, Accountant
- Controlling, Corporate Finance
- Onbepaalde tijd, Bepaalde tijd
- 5-10 jaar, > 10 jaar
Business Controller IT Projects
Capelle aan den IJssel, full-time
Exciting opportunity for a Business Controller at Topcon Healthcare. Do you want to be the central point of control over financials and reporting for the Topcon Healthcare Solutions (THS) business in EMEA? Join Topcon, a company that has the ambition to make the world a better place at the intersection of eye healthcare and technology!
Who we are?
Topcon Healthcare is the eye health brand of Topcon Corporation (topconhealthcare.eu).
Topcon Healthcare sees eye health differently. Our vision is to empower providers with smart and efficient technologies for enhanced patient care. Keeping pace with the ever-changing landscape of the healthcare industry, we offer the latest integrated solutions including advanced multimodal imaging, vendor-neutral data management and groundbreaking remote diagnostic technology. By investing in value-driven innovations, Topcon works to enable people to enjoy good health and a high quality of life.
Topcon Europe Medical B.V. is the EMEA headquarters and located in Capelle aan den IJssel, The Netherlands. Topcon Europe Medical B.V. is responsible for the distribution, sales, service and development of the innovative products to different customers within the region.
Topcon Healthcare Solutions EMEA is part of Topcon Healthcare Corporation. We specialize in providing modern software solutions for eye care (e.g., optical stores, eye clinics). Our primary target is to offer the whole workflow from the clinical device connection to archiving and telemedicine. Our solutions have been designed in cooperation with physicians and other healthcare professionals to provide excellent usability and performance. Our customers are optical retailers, clinics and hospitals.
This position encompasses the review of progress made on IT solutions implementations, Saas revenue recognition and alignment with the figures in the General ledger. The main duty of the Business Controller is to be the key control of all financial aspects of the THS Solutions performance, including:
- You are fully responsible for the overall project and financial control of the EMEA Solutions and Services projects for both THS and Topcon Europe Medical. Monthly reports will have to be submitted to the EMEA management. You have a proactive steering role in which you are responsible for transparent reporting, accurate financial reporting and the control framework for Solutions and Services projects.
- Continuously analyzes the projects financially and cost wise and prepare forecasts, monitors and adjusts where necessary.
- Prepare budgets/forecasts and support budget reports.
We are looking for a person who has the following responsibilities and is capable to:
- Financial management for the EMEA software business.
- Responsible for delivering/explaining key financial information and metrics that will drive actionable/measurable results.
- Ensuring the predictability of results by driving effective planning and forecasting process.
- Present financial performance, full year forecasts and clearly explain and resolve variances, including understanding financial opportunities and risk.
- Work through issues and operational challenges with project teams and stakeholders, getting into details to ensure understanding of cost drivers of the business
- Effectively communicate finance controls and expectations throughout functions.
- Working cross-functionally in order to develop the best solutions for the business.
- Work proactively with the European and the US F&C to ensure robust close and reporting processes are maintained and enhanced.
- Contribute as needed to our overall compliance regime.
- Some travelling (20%) to mainly Finland is required.
- May be required to international travel and international meetings.
An experienced finance professional with great analytic and critical skills. We are looking for someone full of energy that thrives under pressure in a changing environment.
You are entrepreneurial, proactive and able to maintain contacts with different stakeholders at various levels. You have the ability to set new standards and goals and drive continuous improvement. You have a proven track record in a similar role and qualifications as:
- Master’s degree in finance/Accounting or a related field a plus (preferably a qualified controller or accountant).
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an international environment out of which at least 3 years in an IT project organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a key contributor on cross functional teams.
- Experience with controlling business projects for at least 5 years.
- Experience in software business or high-tech IT/devices company environment.
- Experience in Solutions Business and project management.
- Proficiency in IFRS, USGAAP, J-SOX.
- Proficiency in SAP (ByD)using Excel, and preparing spreadsheet reports.
- Strong systems knowledge and excellent MS Office skills.
- Hands-on experience and attention to details.
- Fluency in English and Finnish is a plus.
- Should be comfortable with working across time zones.
What do we offer?
At Topcon we invest in you. We offer you an interesting, international work environment and varied position at a top player in the market. For this position we offer you a reward that, depending on knowledge and experience, can certainly be called excellent. In addition, we offer you an employment package, such as:
- Full employer paid pension contribution.
- 13th month salary.
- 28 vacation days.
With a career at Topcon Healthcare, you have exciting new possibilities as we are improving human eye health through innovations in examination, diagnosis, and treatment. Especially today, due to rapid population growth, aging and mobile devise use, we see increased cases in eye conditions. As part of our team, you can contribute to continuously improving and accelerating (remote) diagnosis solutions.
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you recognize yourself in the above profile? We invite you to apply for this position and send your CV with motivation via the application form on our website.
For further information, please contact our corporate recruiter Martin Dusée via +31(0)6 41 47 12 72.
Agency calls are not appreciated.