Working Capital Manager
- Damco Netherlands BV
- Rotterdam Albrandswaard
- Online via JIF t/m
- Functie type
- Financieel Manager
- Financiele dienstverlening
- Financiele Administratie
- Onbepaalde tijd
- 3-5 jaar
Damco is one of the world's leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group. More information about Damco can be found on www.damco.com.Damco had a net turnover of USD 3.2 billion, managed 2.8 million TEU of ocean freight and supply chain management volumes and air freighted more than 225,000 tonnes.
For our Finance team in Rotterdam we are looking for a fulltime:
“Working Capital Manager”
Key ResponsibilitiesFully accountable and responsible for all credit management and outstanding debt collection activities in the area. He or she ensures that clients are receiving dunning statements and reminders and they are being contacted by collectors when outstanding receivables have become overdue. He or she involves the operational teams where required e.g. to solve disputes raised by the client.
Fully accountable and responsible for A/P team responsible for monitoring the process from purchase invoice receipt up till payment and ensures all vendors are paid within the agreed credit terms. Responsible for execution of the payment runs and bank payments. Ensure that banks are posted to PL and SL and reconciled on a daily basis. The A/P team is responsible for a clean PL at all times, meaning:
No pending credit amounts
No overdue invoices
Maintenance of supplier data in vendor master database
Manage liquidity position and reduce liquid funds to the minimum required.
You will manage a small onsite team and overall coordination/management at a distance of a team in the Damco Operations Center based out of India.
Essential Job tasks:
- Plan and organize the Credit Control department by a.o. assigning each client to individual collectors, setting up a dunning system in the most effective and efficient way and organizing related administrative tasks (so called back office).
- Set and communicate individual targets for each collector and develop a measurement tool accordingly. Review actual performance against target on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain dunning procedures for the credit control department but also involving the business units.
- Actively contact (key) clients to discuss payment habits, procedures etc. to reduce overdue outstanding or improve collection processes in general
- Set up criteria for credit applications for clients and communicate the outcome to the business
- Prepare and send a weekly status report to the business management teams
- Have regular (once every two weeks as a minimum) meetings with the business to review outstanding receivables of each client
- Ensure received payments are being matched against outstanding invoices in the sales ledger.
- Daily verification and monitoring of the Purchase Ledger (PL) of all entities involved.
- Ensure all vendors are paid within the agreed credit terms.
- Ensure that there are no pre-payments done (payments done without proper invoice scanned, approved and posted).
- Day to day managing and execution of bank posting and bank reconciliation process
- Ensure vendor queries are handled within maximum 48 hours.
- Ensure that invoicing addresses and corresponding VAT numbers are correctly applied.
- Ensure purchase invoices are scanned (or hard-copied), registered and distributed to the relevant department upon receipt of the invoices.
- Responsible/owner of customer and vendor masterdata in our systems
Who we are looking forThe person we are looking for this role has a high drive and ambition level to reach the targets. He or she is able to motivate the team by showing results and by a convincing communication style. He or she is self motivated, a self starter, taking initiatives to improve procedures, to contact clients, vendors or business unit managers to speed up the collection process.
The person we are looking for must be capable of:
- setting targets and defining tools to measure results in credit management
- setting up, maintaining and improving a dunning (IT) system and relating procedures and having them implemented
- managing a team of in between 5 to 9 employees
- building good working relationships with both external and internal clients (business unit managers)
The Working Capital Manager we are looking for has already had proven results in a previous working environment in:
- working as a team leader or manager in a credit control, dunning or collection department for a minimum of 2 years
- working with dunning tools, preferably such as OnGuard or SAP.
- working in a internationally operating company in the transport and logistics branch (freight forwarders, logistics service providers, carriers, airlines etc.)
- achieving targets, together with the own team but also in close cooperation with operational business unit (management) teams
- working with a team at distance and their performance management