Senior Finance Business Partner
- Damco Netherlands BV
- Rotterdam Albrandswaard
- Online via JIF t/m
- Functie type
- Financieel Medewerker
- Financiele Administratie
- Bepaalde tijd
- 3-5 jaar
Damco – one of the leading logistics service providers. With over 11.000 professionals in over 300 owned offices around the world, we manage and serve some of the most advanced supply chains in the world; in a diverse range of industries. A culture driven by performance. When you join Damco, you’ll find that the world is your workplace. You’ll work in a culturally diverse, performance stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. Working at Damco brings a unique blend of being part of a conglomerate with rich heritage and an exuberant, youthful, fast-paced logistics company. We believe in rewarding and recognizing individual performances within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values. Collaborative and commercial mindsets are the key cornerstones of being a high performer in Damco. Ours being a network business. It is key that you are able to think and act beyond your own domain and geography of work. By commercial mindset we mean your ability to think of the benefits to the end customer; in whatever action you take, irrespective of your position and role.
Senior Finance Business Partner
•Providing Management with correct, timely and relevant financial/operational data, analysis and recommendations supporting growth and optimization of existing business port-folio
•Management Reporting. Monthly performance tracker, quarterly forecasting and target setting.
•Finance Projects. Design (support of region) and implementation of new projects and initiatives within finance, including hyper care and proper handover to relevant task owners
•Design and maintain the Operating Plan (OP) of Damco Netherlands B.V. on behalf of Management. This plan will document how we run, operate, manage and improve our business through defined and pre-scheduled meetings, calls, reviews, updates and sharing of data/information. Limited to following processes
- Margin Management and Review
- Customers Portfolio Review
- Monthly closing (Revenues, Costs, Gross Profit, Volumes)
- Rolling Forecast (ROFO) and Annual target setting
For each OP item agree with Management owner:
3.Forum (Meeting, call, update, WebEx etc.)
4.Purpose and Scope
6.KPI and measurements – what does good look like
- Develop catalogue of what will be provided to who and when in terms of financial data (this will be part of the Operating Plan)
- Include but not limited to: Customer, product, Trade Line, customer segmentation,
- Analysis and performance management of prior period transactions per product gross profit/volume reporting
- Own the revenue and costs accrual process in terms of validating recommendation(s) from both operations and commercial teams
- Report numbers in OneStream (Reporting / Consolidation System) in close collaboration with GSC (Global Service Centre)
- Design & maintain ROFO process (part of OP)
- Own the assigned part(s) of the ROFO and target setting process for gross profit and volume – working with product owner(s), CCO-office, area (business) controllers and GSC
- Own all B/S items related to gross profit
•Own the Monthly Tracker Process (part of OP) and presentation for specific product
•Own the ROFO presentation – on behalf of Management
Business & Financial Control Indicators and KPI’s:
•Engage with CSO (Customer Service Office) to performance manage relevant CSO KPI’s and measurements with direct and indirect impact on financial performance (incl. both P/L and B/S)
•Escalate lack of improvement and related consequences to CFO, COO and CSO managers
Risk & Control Compliance
•Own all controls related to gross profit (revenue & revenue estimates, costs & costs estimates, file management etc.) on behalf of CFO.
•Work with relevant control owner to establish plan for compliance (score of 4) and follow up monthly
•Escalate issues and lack of improvement to CFO.
Assist with various ad-hoc tasks and new projects.
Capabilities and Competencies:
- Advanced knowledge of SAP/FACT and financial operating systems.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to communicate a complex message to all levels of the organization
- Strong and effective team player with the ability to motivate
- Result oriented with proven track record on delivering results.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of interacting at multiple levels of the organization
- Change leadership and management
- Strong practical knowledge of MS Office
- Advanced knowledge of excel and databases
- SCM and Forwarding industry product and operations knowledge
- Assertive and decisive with the ability to make decisions based on facts/data analysis.
- Innovative and able to work on own initiative
- Good attention to detail & accuracy
- Ability to handle pressure of high workload and tight deadlines
- Proven track record of practical experience with financial business partnering and controlling
- Dutch is a pre