Assistant Financial Controller EU
- Samsung SDS Smart Logistics Netherlands
- Samsung - Assistant Financial Controller EU
- Online via JIF t/m
- Functie type
- Assistent Controller
- Onbepaalde tijd
- WO, HBO
- 3-5 jaar
Samsung SDS Smart Logistics Netherlands
The Korean multinational Samsung Group is active in electronics, machinery, chemicals, motors and finance & insurance. Its global headquarters is located in Seoul, South Korea.
Samsung SDS is an IT service company that builds computing systems and provides IT consulting services for government agencies and businesses. We provide optimal ICT service as well as various solutions including Smart Infrastructure Engineering, e-Government, Enterprise Application Services, ICT Infra, and Mobile Communication Services. To deliver the greatest results for our clients we remain dedicated to staying at the forefront of business and technology trends.
In the Smart Logistics business unit we provide innovative services by developing and applying optimized solutions for logistics. These services include End-to-End Visibility and Integrated Logistics Platforms. Smart Logistics is divided into three areas: SCL consulting, SCL solutions (Cello), and logistics services. In Europe our main customer is Samsung Electronics with whom we collaborate in order to optimize their European Supply Chain strategy for all electronics products.
That is why we search for candidates with a discerning eye because we believe that our people give us the competitive advantage against our competitors.
Samsung SDS is a rapidly growing organization, always looking for highly motivated and innovative individuals. If you are eager to tackle challenges, and looking for an environment that allows you to explore all the possibilities, Samsung SDS is the perfect match for you.
In our Headquarter Samsung SDS Netherlands in Delft we are currently looking for a fulltime:
Assistant Financial Controller EU
Delft | Fulltime
We are looking for an Assistant Financial Controller. This is an opportunity to gain experience with an extremely successful international organization. The role is supporting the European Finance Manager of Samsung SDS in The Netherlands.
The Financial Controller will be partly responsible for the centralized Finance activities related to smaller countries and is an all-a-round position within the financial department. Also the Financial Controller will be responsible for the coordination of Finance related tasks within the EU and CIS region.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Performing daily financial tasks for smaller EU entities from a centralized point of view, such as Maintain General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Tax preparations, Forecasting, Month-end closing and Reporting
- Support and assisting of the local Logistics Team from a Financial perspective
- Budget & Forecasting – preparations of monthly budget and forecasting reports, analyzing results, monitoring of progress and safeguard SDS guidelines
- Month-end closing – responsible for month-end closing process for local EU countries and shared responsibility to monitor the progress of all EU/CIS SDS entities. Coordination and support towards entities for all month-end closing issues and deliverables.
- Ad-hoc reporting towards Management and/or HQ – all ad-hoc (financial) requests coming from either Management or SDS HQ. Facilitate the requests and support in gathering the necessary data.
- Risk Management – coordination of the process of monthly risk management reporting from the EU SDS entities and analyzing risk reporting and suggest improvement plans
- Drive for results with an eye for detail
- Responsible: taking ownership and the ability to meet deadlines if required
- Independent: able to plan your own tasks and set the priorities
- Sensitivity: strong communicator, cultural awareness
- Flexibility: able to shift between tasks and planning if necessary
Are you an all-round finance expert looking for the next step in your career? Are you a flexible problem-solver with a strong hands-on mentality? We are looking for a person with:
- A Bachelor/Master degree in Economics/Business administration /Finance/Accounting/Tax
- At least 3-5 years’ working experience in Finance, preferably in different roles
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Excel intermediate skills is a must and SAP experience is an advantage
- Experience in international company would be a major advantage as well
If this role matches your profile, and you are ambitious to work for one of the fastest growing companies in the world, please send your CV and motivation letter via the apply button. For further information about this position please contact Arieke van Geemert, per e-mail to: email@example.com.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords; Assistant Financial Controller, Delft, Zuid-Holland, Finance, Controller, Assistant Controller, Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Controller, Economics, Financieel, Financieel controller