Finance Manager RA/CPA
- Digicel Curacao
- Online via JIF t/m
- Functie type
- Accountant RA, Financieel Manager
- Nederlandse Antillen
- Corporate Finance
- Onbepaalde tijd
- WO, HBO+
- 5-10 jaar
After 18 years of operation, total investment to date stands at over US$5 billion worldwide. The company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network.
Digicel also runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad and Tobago which focus on educational, cultural and social development programmes.
Visit www.digicelgroup.com for more information.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reports to: Finance Controller
Primary objective of the job:
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Finance Manager will ensure efficient management of operational areas in the Finance department, to include month end reporting, working capital management, Accounts Payable, Capital expenditure, process improvement & liaising with internal and external auditors. Ensure accurate and timely information flow for financial accounts and other reports (internal and external) within company timelines, and in accordance with accounting standards. Ensure credibility of annual budgets and monthly forecasts in relevant areas.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of cash flow forecast for inclusion in monthly reports.
- Effective working capital management to include: Management of Accounts Payable function
- Ensuring payments are made within company and Supplier guidelines.
- Ensure availability of cash for day to day Company operations, and maximizing returns on Company funds.
- Management of month-end reporting & deadlines, including posting journals, review of team’s work, balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of the monthly board reports and presentations.
- To ensure annual statutory accounts are prepared and submitted within Co. timelines.
- Management of annual audit process, in an effort to have final sign-off within stipulated timelines.
- Management of all statutory Audits/investigations as the need arises. This includes ensuring Co. conforms to all statutory requirements.
- Lead the department initiatives for implementation of new processes/systems, and management of same for increased efficiencies and tighter control measures throughout the company.
- Manage, coach and plan career development for team
- Formulation and tracking of objectives of team members, and conduct semi-annual reviews.
- Any other duties as assigned by the CFO/FC or CEO.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice, in order to meet the demands of the business.
Academic qualifications and experience required:
- Qualified accountant ACCA/CPA or equivalent
- Experience in one of the “big 4” or “top 10” auditing firms is preferable
- Requires strong knowledge of accounting rules – IFRS and company statutory requirements
- Work independently, multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Solid accounting & problem-solving skills
- Strong detail & financial focus
- Strong written/oral (especially listening skills), organization & analytical skills
- Works co-operatively with others to achieve team goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Able to function under pressure and motivated to meet deadlines
- Good command of Dutch and English language
Would you like to apply to this job?