The Role: Morningstar Manager Research has a requirement for an Analyst to play a key role in researching fund managers that oversee managed funds available in cross-border markets. The research process involves critically analyzing fund managers, writing research reports, managing relationships with fund managers, and work on various consulting assignments. This role will be based in our Amsterdam office.
- To research and critically assess fund managers and their products.
- To write succinct and reader friendly research reports
- To play a lead role in fund manager interviews
- To play a lead role in formulating and justifying our opinions on investment strategies
- To manage ad-hoc analytical assignments on investments, managed funds and products
- To write articles including sector wrap up reports and talking points.
- To undertake other administrative, research and/or analytical work as required
- A passion for investing, demonstrated through personal knowledge of and interest in investment markets.
- A solid understanding of investment markets and the asset management industry would be viewed favorably.
- Strong critical reasoning skills (experience in high school or university debating is viewed favorably), and a preparedness to challenge the status quo with well-informed opinions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to think and write creatively
- Ability to use own initiative and work unsupervised together with the ability to priorities effectively to meet deadlines.
- Proactive aptitude to building effective internal and external relationships with key stakeholders and acting as a representative of Morningstar
- Strong attention to detail with proven analytical skills
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a finance or business-related discipline, with an interest in pursuing CFA or other relevant postgraduate studies
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in an analytical capacity, ideally but not necessarily gained within a financial services environment
Please submit a writing sample that demonstrates your writing and analytical skills, along with a resume and cover letter.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.