The commodity operations team, which is part of Back Office, is responsible for the financial operations of Trading and Origination products. Part of the team’s responsibilities is ensuring a timely and accurate delivery of back office figures for the commercial business to our Finance Department (net revenue /operation revenue)
- Primary contact in the commodity operation team for our business in Amsterdam and Düsseldorf for different commodity products traded in different countries - like power, gas, options, futures, certificates etc.
- Be responsible, during maternity leave of one of the colleagues in the Commodity Operations team, for the financial handling of carbon certificates and renewable certificates.
- Support Front Office in the implementation of new products and entering new markets.
- Strong contribution in month-end closing processes, including inventory calculation, accruals, revenue accounting and reconciliation before financial reporting.
- Responsible for billing and cost allocation of the different products.
- Approve and control incoming and outgoing documents: approval, posting and preparation of payment.
- Communicate with internal and external customers about all matters regarding operational trading.
- Implement improvement and quality assurance of processes and systems.
- Close co-operation with Front Office and other units in the Finance Department.
- Cooperate and work closely with the Commodity Operations team in Düsseldorf.
- Education in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- Minimum 5 year experience in Financial or accounting tasks in Energy related companies
- Very good IT skills, especially MS Excel, MX access, Murex and SAP FI.
- Precise, accurate and systematic working style.
- A good team player with excellent communication skills.
- Strong command of English and Dutch, any other language is a plus.
- Experience in a multi-national environment is an advantage.
- Enjoy working in fast-paced, challenging and international environment.
- Regular travel to our Düsseldorf office is part of the job.
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with respect to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Please applyby sending your CV, together with a motivation letter