Accountant, Site Accounting & Reporting
- Bergen op Zoom
- Online via JIF t/m
- Functie type
- Industrie/Techniek, Zakelijke dienstverlening
- Financiele Administratie, Salaris Administratie
- Onbepaalde tijd, Bepaalde tijd
- < 1 jaar, 1-3 jaar, 3-5 jaar
Accountant, Site Accounting & Reporting
The Site Accounting & Reporting Team (SA&R), as part of Corporate Finance IFR&C, is responsible for the (monthly) financial closing processes for multiple business units of the Bergen op Zoom, Genk and Raamsdonksveer manufacturing plants, ensuring accurate and timely recording of year-to-date Manufacturing costs, fixed assets and inventory valuations. Next to this, the SA&R team is also involved in many other operational and project related site activities like governance of accounting-related processes in the manufacturing organization, reporting of efficiency and providing audit support. SA&R is a critical business partner for the manufacturing stakeholders by translating the characteristics of the organizational units into financial transactional processes.
In this role you establish a close relationship with organizational units and embedded business control. You need to understand the operation and its characteristics (financial aspects) and translate the characteristics of the organizational unit into financial transactional processes. You need to ensure a proper set of internal controls to safeguard assets and liabilities (controllership). Next to that, you need to explain the variance between actual costs and budget towards embedded business control and operational management, and will do ad hoc analytic to support financial statements.
Execute monthly, quarterly and year-end closing of the Site accounts carried out as per established accounting practices and procedures.
- Perform periodic accounting including month end, quarterly and year-end closing as per the established accounting practices and procedures.
- Ensure relevant GL accounts are reconciled and accounting entries are recorded in accordance with SABIC accounting policies and procedures and the necessary accounting standards.
- Timely and accurate completion of the management reporting, interpretation and analysis of reports and liaise with the embedded control function (E&BS) to look for improvement opportunities.
- Ensure timely preparation of financial statements and other reports as required by (internal) customers and (local / national) authorities.
- Support the preparation of various site departmental budgets, including (ad hoc) investigation and reporting of variances relating to the actual results.
- Ensure the site is fully compliant with internal and external business controls to safeguard assets and liabilities (controllership).
- Ensure principal inventories located in Bergen op Zoom are accounted for correctly and valuations for both finished product and raw materials are stated accurately.
- Proactively and continuously, find opportunities to make the functions processes more efficient and effective.
- Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent with a minimum of 0-5 years’ experience in finance and accounting.
- Good technical accounting knowledge, including Product Costing.
- In-depth knowledge of FI/CO areas of SAP and relevant modules.
- Familiar with MS office in particular advance level in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in Dutch and English both verbal and written.
- Flexible - no nine to five mentality.
- Team player - Communicates constructively, comes forth with ideas to foster cooperation within the team and across teams, demonstrates commitment to the team and its goals.
- Process improvement mindset: always looking for ideas to drive down operating cost and enhance transactional efficiency and integrity.
- Good accounting knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills - ability to understand complexity of cost structures and translate data into clear analytics.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to add-value to team and the business.
- Strong Microsoft office skills (Excel and PowerPoint.)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
For more information about this role you can contact: Ingrid Schellens, recruiter, Ingrid.schellens@SABIC.com.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
PEOPLE WHO CAN
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better. SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers
Apply for this job!
If you are interested in this position and you would like to apply please send your CV and motivation letter via our online application page.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
Vergelijkbare zoekopdrachten: Onbepaalde tijd, < 1 jaar, Fulltime, Accountant, Bepaalde tijd, 1-3 jaar, HBO, 3-5 jaar, Financiele Administratie, Salaris Administratie, Industrie/Techniek, Zakelijke dienstverlening