Finance Factory Controller
- VHP Security Paper BV via Robert Muntel Financial Consultancy BV
- Industrie, Techniek
- HBO+, WO
- 5-10 jaar
VHP Security Paper mill is one of the world’s leading producers of high security paper and is based in the Netherlands less than an hour away from Amsterdam. End of July 2017 the VHP plant became part of Oberthur Fiduciaire. To set-up and enhance financial controls, VHP Security Paper is currently looking for an experienced Finance Factory Controller.
Responsible for all financial cost processes in and around the Paper mill. Intensively support the departments within the Production process [among others Operations; Supply Chain; Procurement and Logistics] by financial analysis and signalling new opportunities and business case propositions. Provides cost price information to Commercial team for Customer quotations. Further professionalize and / or develop (new) business KPIs and dashboards. The Finance Factory Controller is part of the finance team with direct communication lines to the Managing director of the Paper mill and to the CFO of the François-Charles Oberthur group.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Lead effort to set-up and update Cost price accounting process within the Paper mill;
- Actively provide cost pricing information to Commercial team to apply in Customer tenders;
- Make profitability calculations of investments; giving financially advice on planned investments;
- Safeguard the execution of CAPEX program in close cooperation with Capex Project Manager;
- Lead cost-reduction programs on the site: initiate/stimulate cost awareness and focus to productivity;
- Participate actively in multidisciplinary projects and programs set up to realize the strategic goals;
- Develop and design (new) management reports and analyses, monitor and optimize the forecast & budget process and provide investment analyzes and the Plan & Control cycle;
- Monitor business performance; initiate improvements & optimizations and improve overall financial performance;
- Ensure compliance with corporate governance, risk management and compliance;
- Enhances finance culture within organization by streamlining procedures and applying a practical approach to innovate the accounting / reporting procedures;
- Acts as financial business partner, guiding the business and participating in strategy discussions.
Experience and qualifications
- Working experience in an international production company;
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience as (Operations) Controller or comparable role;
- Relevant Bachelor / Master degree in Economics or Accounting, preferred CPA-level (Dutch: RA / RC);
- Excellent social and communication skills in English and Dutch, both written and verbal;
- A proven ability to develop new processes and lead related project teams;
- The ability to build trust, credibility & followership with teams and peers;
- Strategic thinker with business acumen;
- Technically competent; thorough knowledge of Dutch GAAP & IFRS;
- Analytically driven to constantly improve and challenge the status quo.
- Experience within manufacturing industry;
- Experience with Navision (ERP application);
- Ability to work effectively under very broad direction with minimal supervision: self-initiative required;
- Ability to motivate project teams and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment;
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and team building skills;
- Excellent time management and project planning / strategizing skills;
- Strong process and gap analysis skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Our client offers
VHP Security Paper mill offers an international, entrepreneurial, agile and low-bureaucracy working environment. Challenging assignments in a cooperative, results-driven team. A competitive financial package and good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension contribution).
Duration: permanent, full time
Are you the right candidate for this position?
If you are interested in this opportunity please e-mail your Curriculum Vitae and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information regarding this role please contact Lotje Stevens or Renate Blanckenborg on +31 (0) 53 482 22 44.
A reference check and screening are part of this recruitment and selection process.