Our Customer is a technology & consumer driven company with its European HQ in the Amsterdam area.
The responsibility of the analyst entails three themes: The first is to support the Central FP&A function by providing guidelines to various departments on reporting methodologies, analysis templates and processes. The second is to challenge financial outlooks and analysis coming from the business to ensure budget adherence and continuous improvement. The third is to maintain a robust overall E2E control framework, monitoring KPIs and track Liberty Global strategies for efficiencies and savings including Capital Investment Committee preparations.
Group Control & Capital Allocation focus is to initiate and execute group wide planning, reviews and optimizations by working closely with the business and the procurement control team and based on reporting, analysis and monitoring of key drivers among with the procurement spend buckets.
The primary purpose of the Capital Allocation team within Group Control is to oversee the group capital requirements and optimise the allocation of capital across the group and to function as a FP&A team for the Central (Corporate) departments. The team enforces a consistent approach to valuations and reporting standards across the group by issuing guidance and setting standards. Also the ownership of the end to end analysis sits with the Capital Allocation team.
Proactively acting as a challenger of output to ensure continuous improvement
• Support the analysis of actual results vs. Budget and rolling forecast for Central functions whilst challenge the Group Controllers
• Identify focus points and improvement areas on data consistency and quality
• Further develop reporting pack for overall management analysis
• Execute E2E analysis of Group wide Opex performance vs. plan and suggest improvements
Support annual Budget and Long Range Plan process and output
• Coordinate budget and Long Range Plan for the Central group, across departments and within the group matrix
Support and Review the monthly Management reporting process for the Central functions
• Work with Central reporting team to ensure up to date tooling and that templates are available on time and drive standardization
• Ensure consistency between monthly reporting and annual Budget and LRP process
Preferred education and qualifications:
• Master’s in Business Administration or other relevant field.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Minimum of 1-2 years prior professional experience in a dynamic, multinational finance environment;
• fluently in English, both verbal and in writing;
• analytically strong and pragmatic;
• ability to apply sound business practices and work with business leaders;
• result driven, output focused team player;
• being able to translate business case budgets into operational impact assessments;
• proactive and self-reliant/ independent self-starter;
• fits into an ambitious, result-driven and down-to-earth culture;
• ability to cope with high pressure assignments and used to meet strict deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy;
• Able to plan effectively, anticipate on issues and solving problems.
• Gross yearly salary of 40-45K, including vacation allowance of 8%;
• 25 vacation days, plus 5 Banking holidays;
• extra company benefits;
• travel expenses.