Looking for an international challenge within internal audit? Willing to development your personal skills and outperform within your peer group? Being an independent, ambitious and quality driven professional with a strong personality and intrinsic curiosity? Let’s get in touch!
Your new challenge
As a Senior IT Auditor, you will be part of a diverse team of auditors with backgrounds in operational audit, finance, IT, business, and consulting. You will collaborate in mixed teams to perform a variety of integrated audits. In these integrated audits, you will typically be responsible for the IT component and bring in your specific expertise and insights. In addition, you will be working on audits which are focused on specific IT/IM topics.
When performing audits, you will:
– Identify the business objectives and related risks
– Evaluate the related management controls to achieve the objectives
– Formulate the identified gaps and create smart recommendations
– Report and communicate audit findings to management
– Evaluate management action plans and perform follow up
– Create proper audit files according to professional standards
Finally, you will establish and maintain a good long term relationship with IT and business management. This means that you are also expected to act as their trusted advisor outside the context of audits.
Internal Audit is strongly strategic oriented and forward-looking. The audit activities are based on actual business objectives and related risks, rather than on compliance with predefined standards. Therefore, every audit is a different audit.
A highly motivated IT auditor who has a clear vision and is a role model by heart. You’re an innovator and know how to get things done. You fully understand the business needs and know how to translate these to solutions.
– University education (MSc, e.g. Information Management, Business Informatics, Business Economics) Preferably complemented by a Postgraduate IT audit degree and RE and/or CISA title
– 4 to 8 years relevant working experience in IT audit, risk management, consulting, information management, IT project management, e-commerce, retail.
– Preferably: experience in project management and/or project assurance, ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle), information security and data privacy, general IT controls, data analysis
– Belonging to the top 10% talent amongst peer group
– Strong analytical skills, broad interests and intrinsic curiosity
– Strong communication skills, good at establishing and maintaining relationships
– Strong personality, able to handle push back
– Independent, decisive, self-supporting team player
– Ambitious and drive
– Quality driven, able to think out of the box, bringing new perspectives
– Experience in and/or passion for retail
– Strong command of Dutch and English
– Excellent writing skills
An assignment in internal auditing is generally considered a development assignment; personal development on leadership, functional and professional competencies has a high priority. Competency development is supported by a competency framework, career ladders and succession planning. Periodic (performance) feedback is a standard process.
Auditors will build further competencies and develop their personal networks from:
– Exposure to all dimensions of the global business, from day-to-day operational activities to strategic level
– Exposure to all levels of management, including board-level
– Competence development in areas of Governance, Risk Management and Internal Control, through experience, internal training and when desired and applicable acquiring external professional certification
– Leadership skills, including presentation, report writing, dealing with diversity and conflict management
– Project management skills and team-working, and
– The opportunity to progress within the company to challenging management positions in a wide variety of areas.
– Performing audits in various locations in different cultures
– The role involves approx. 20% – 30% of travel.
Your new employer
Our client has a portfolio of strong, trusted local brands with more than 375,000 associates serving more than 50 million customers every week in the United States and Europe. The company has enhanced scale across regions, market-leading retail offerings to serve customers’ changing needs, and a strong financial profile from which to fund innovation and investments in future growth.
The Internal Audit department conducts audits on behalf of the Audit Committee and the Executive Committee. The objective of these audits is to provide assurance that business objectives will be met. From its European bases in Zaandam, Athens and Brussels, the audit department performs audits throughout all Brands and Centers of Excellence in the Benelux, Central and Southern Europe and the Group Support Office. In principle, all businesses and IT processes are in scope, making this an excellent development opportunity to broaden your knowledge, while developing important risk management competencies and soft skills.
The main purpose is to provide assurance to executive management that important risks associated with business activities are efficiently and effectively managed. These could be strategic, operational, (financial) reporting, and compliance risks. Annually, the audit department performs approximately 90 audit assignments on a multitude of business activities. These activities range from large organizational restructurings, strategic IT and Business Process Improvement projects, newly established operating companies, large end-to-end business processes (e.g. marketing, (e-)commerce, logistics, supply chain), to recurring financial and information management processes.
Interested in the job as Senior IT Auditor? Get in touch with Sander Burgmans by phone 06-21703789 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about Fellowfield, take a look at www.fellowfield.nl