Looking for an international challenge within internal audit? Willing to development your personal skills and outperform within your peer group? Being an independent, ambitious and quality driven professional with a strong personality and intrinsic curiosity? Let’s get in touch!
Your new challenge
Internal Audit provides independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations. It helps the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control. IA’s main objectives are to efficiently evaluate the design, existence and operating effectiveness of a risk-based control framework to provide the Audit Committee and executive management with reasonable assurance regarding the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, safeguarding of assets, reliability and integrity of financial and operational information, compliance with laws, regulations, policies and contracts, and achievement of strategic goals.
As an Internal Auditor, you will be part of a diverse team of auditors with backgrounds in operational/financial audit, finance, IT, business, and consulting. You will perform audit assignments that provide management with an independent assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, in accordance with corporate Internal Audit policies, guidelines and IA Standards of Professional Practice.
When performing audits, you will:
– Identify the business objectives and related risks
– Evaluate the related management controls to achieve the objectives
– Formulate the identified gaps and create smart recommendations
– Report and communicate audit findings to management
– Evaluate management action plans and perform follow up
– Create proper audit files according to professional standards
– Establish and maintain a good long term relationship with the Newco business management teams
– Act as a trusted advisor outside the context of audits
– Participate in Special projects
– Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Audit, IS, Accounting, Finance) for finance and audit professionals (in the US relevant bachelor degree) or relevant business experience 2
– Master’s Degree for non-financial professionals demonstrating an attainment of high academic accomplishment CIA, CPA, RE, RA, CFE or comparable professional certifications
– 3-5 years of working experience (at least 2-3 years audit experience for finance and audit professionals)
– Good knowledge of procedures concerning Newco business, internal controls and risk management
– Experience in multifunctional projects
– Big Four experience is a plus
– Strong analytical skills, broad interests and intrinsic curiosity
– Strong written and oral communication skills
– Good at establishing and maintaining relationships
– Strong personality, able to handle push back
– Independent, decisive, self-supporting team player
– Ambitious and driven
– Quality driven, able to think out of the box, bringing new perspectives
– Experience in and/or passion for retail
– Fluent in English. Ability to speak Dutch, French, Greek, Serbian, or Romanian is a plus
– Opportunities for travel, including international of 10-20%
A job in internal audit is generally considered a development assignment; personal development on leadership, functional and professional competencies has a high priority. Competency development is supported by a competency framework, career ladders and succession planning.
Auditors will build further competencies and develop their personal networks from:
– Exposure to all dimensions of the global business, from day-to-day operational activities to strategic level
– Exposure to all levels of management, including Board-level
– Competence development in areas of Governance, Risk Management and Internal Control, through experience, internal training and when desired and applicable acquiring external professional certification. Leadership skills, including presentation, report writing, dealing with diversity and conflict management
– Project management skills and team-working, and the opportunity to progress within the company to challenging management positions in a wide variety of areas
Your new employer
Our client has a portfolio of strong, trusted local brands with more than 375,000 associates serving more than 50 million customers every week in the United States and Europe. The company has enhanced scale across regions, market-leading retail offerings to serve customers’ changing needs, and a strong financial profile from which to fund innovation and investments in future growth.
Interested in the job as Internal Auditor? Get in touch with Sander Burgmans by phone 06-21703789 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about Fellowfield, take a look at www.fellowfield.nl