Our client is in the middle of setting up a Finance Shared Service Center (SSC) for the EMEA region. To further support the set-up and the continuous success of our FSSC in the Netherlands, we like to get in touch with a proactive General Ledger Accountant.
Your new challenge
As General Ledger Accountant you’ll play an important role in setting up and improving the processes and position of our international and multilingual GL team. The role will be evolving over time. You are keen on the development of the GL accounting function and our finance processes. This position combines operational general ledger activities with tactical and strategical projects regarding continuous improvement. You play a role in driving change and efficiency, and building a best in class Shared Service Centre.
– Responsible for month end activities and month end journal entries for assigned entities, timely reconciliation of all GL accounts;
– Coordinates cross departmental month end close activities, records and judges accruals, deferrals and other close related entries;
– Assists in calculating cost center re-allocations and intercompany recharges;
– Ensures consistency and completeness of data transfers between sub-ledgers and General Ledger. Responsible for completeness and correctness of entries in the books;
– Initiate cross departmental projects regarding continuous improvement and optimization of financial, reporting and business processes;
– Perform review and provide feedback on the reporting packages submitted by accountants from other locations;
– Responsible that all balance sheet reconciliations are correctly executed in a timely manner;
– Manages Fixed asset process and related controls and reconciliations;
– Responsible for statutory accounting and coordination with outsourcing partners;
– Driving process optimization through automation (blackline) and robotization, but also sensible process adjustments.
– Higher professional education/HBO or Bachelor/Master in economics / finance and accounting;
– Fluent in English;
– Experience in a multinational company and / or SSC;
– ERP system experience (preferably SAP);
– Advanced Excel skills.
– To ensure that you will be successful as General Ledger accountant you have a pro-active attitude;
– You are a skillful communicator with the ability to influence peers and other business colleagues in complying with existing control systems and implementing new processes;
– You proactively drive improvements regarding current processes;
– Liaise with peers and other business colleagues in complying with existing control systems and implementing new processes;
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
– Strong team player;
– You have a highly flexible attitude, and enjoy driving change and efficiency;
– You enjoy working in an ambitious team and you know how to take and create opportunities for yourself and our client.
Interested in the function of GL Accountant? Please contact Sander Burgmans by phone 06-21703789 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send us your Resume and motivation, we will reply as soon as possible.