Your new challenge
Business Services Finance (BSF) is part of the Business Services organization, which consists of Finance, Human Resources, Not For Resale and Solution Delivery.
The department is responsible for providing high quality and professional financial accounting and control, reporting and assurance services. This concerns both management reporting on various dimensions and entities as well as external reporting to Group and different external stakeholders. Services are delivered from both Zaandam and Prague and are supported by Genpact from Krakow (Poland) and Hyderabad (India).
The teams in BSF are centered around the areas of Sales & Margin, Operating Expenses, Capital & Consolidation and Assurance. The aim is to further develop the professional capabilities of the teams, building a true knowledge center on financial processes and services, and business partnering with our stakeholders. Currently, one of the Consultant II roles will become vacant in the Sales and Margin team.
Within BSF, we are looking for two Controllers. One within the Sales & Margin team, and one within the Capital and Consolidation team.
He/she will be:
– Reporting to the team lead Sales and Margin/Capital and Consolidation, Business Services Finance and be part of the team.
– Ensuring that financial processes and solutions provided meet the requirements from a risk- control- and compliance perspective.
– Responsible for the financial accounting and control in one of the areas of the team.
– Responsible for the management reporting of a designated topic or business unit, and pro-actively providing insights for decision-making towards the business.
– The key point of contact for stakeholders such as Business Controllers of one or more Business Units on behalf of Business Services Finance.
– First point of contact towards Genpact regarding accounting, reporting activities, end-to-end processes, and changes.
– Responsible to ensure that qualifiers are clearly defined, communicated and realized to meet Business Services Finance deliverables.
– Taking the lead in smaller and key member role in larger projects to further improve Business Services Finance. Continuous improvement is an important part of the role.
– On behalf of Business Services Finance participate or manage projects which realize business improvements.
– Able to stand in for the Team Manager or the Manager Subject Matter Expertise and represent the team where required.
– Master-degree in Business Administration, Economics or equivalent
– Preferred Post Master-degree in Controlling (Dutch RC/RA or equivalent)
– Business partnering and pro-active mindset, and motivated to transfer data into insights
– Some experience in participating in projects.
– Well developed in areas such as Operational Excellence, Developing People, Business Insight and Impact and Influence.
– Work experience of minimum 3-5 years.
– The opportunity to define both your own role and the Business Services Finance organization together with your colleagues.
– Work in the dynamic and continuously changing and evolving environment, in a team with a great mix of both experienced and young professionals.
– An environment where both personal and skills development are considered to be an integral part of work and with career opportunities in the wider Finance organization.
Your new employer
Our client has a portfolio of strong, trusted local brands with more than 375,000 associates serving more than 50 million customers every week in the United States and Europe. The company has enhanced scale across regions, market-leading retail offerings to serve customers’ changing needs, and a strong financial profile from which to fund innovation and investments in future growth.
Interested in the job as Controller? Get in touch with Sander Burgmans by phone 06-21703789 or by email email@example.com.